Croatia

Croatia

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Aug 9th, 2011

We are getting close...I can't believe that he will be gone in 20 days and 60 MTC meals. We are all very excited to see how it goes. Tune in next week for the continuing story of...Leave it to Chaser!!!!

Ciao!
Okay, important things obviously come first in this sort of thing, so here goes: Dad, the yo-yo was the BEST.IDEA.E'ER.
just saying. okay, the rest is drivel.

So there's this Canadian from Vancouver in my District who's going to Slovenia. He's basically a northern version of Soren, but on a mission, so it's pretty funny. Thing is, since the MTC is so horribly ridiculous already, he's decided that somehow we're actually just on a sitcom about it and every week we are having a new episode. The first was us tackling a sever social problem in a light-hearted manner (Anorexia) and this week we will be trying to be incredibly positive about dire circumstances around the world. YAY! Anyways, now my life is broken into either cut-scenes or episodes. So here they are from this week:

The Plight of the Bulgs
So on Tuesday the Bulgarians were told that they have no visas and would not be allowed to travel to their country. They were told they may have an extra 2-3 weeks here or else be sent somewhere until it could be fixed. Cectpa Meyers, the kind, motherly genteel woman of our zone basically blew a gasket and was hyperventilating for around three days. Apparently it was like perfect and there's a huge party this weekend celebrating the 30th anniversary of it being a mission. She was going to explode. S. Harris sprained S. Seymour( the other Bulg)'s wrist a few weeks back in futbol and so he had a cast on and would probably have to wait even longer! However, after an understated Zone fast, yesterday they were given their visas (along with roughly 10 hours to pack and get everything ready) and then flew out this morning. Yay for miracles! Seriously though, we were so happy for them, and had a really big party after class last night. Cookies all around.

The Serbian Drama
So we've a Croat and a Slovene who have now metamorphasized and become Serbs. They were told on Wednesday that their mission has been changed at the request of Presjednik Rowe and now they must forget most everything (well, at least the Slovene must) and learn their Cyrillic alphabet. Minor freak-out for both of them. Apparently there are 2 missionaries in Serbia right now and Presjednik Rowe doesn't think that's enough at all. I guess Serbia has been opened and shut like a billion times in the last 5 or so years. our teacher actually was evacuated while serving there and then sent to Colorado. Mom, didn't you mention someone like that who you knew their mom or something? Anyways. So now we think that Presjednik Rowe is the most amazing, ambitious man alive and figure that we'll have all of the Slavic area converted in a couple of months. no big deal.

The Fast part I
So first fast Sunday. (And only, now that we're going early!!!!) As mentioned previously we all basically simultaneously decided to fast for the Bulgs. It was just funny to see the dynamics of people and how they combated it. A lot of sleepers, a lot of whining. I was just like, come on Elders! Srsly, this stuff is fun! Actually, it was really only easy for me because I looked at some of my stash and mentally told myself that I would not bring it. This was how it became voluntary in my head, and therefore easier. Not to mention it was almost a vacation to get rid of the nasty MTC Cafeteria food. Someone rubbed it in my face yesterday that I still have like 60 meals here in there. Barfffffffff......

The Fast part II
Yesterday we did our first District-wide English Fast! Didn't speak a lick of English yesterday. Well, that's kind of a lie. I forgot during our Odboika time and so didn't quite make it all the way, but for the most part we only did Croatian! So much fun. i loved it. I did get really mentally tired toward the end of the day, and had to take a breather or two especially during our last class period, but it was really great. I know that we won't be able to really communicate AT ALL when we get over there (IN TWENTY DAYS!!!!!!!!!!! okay, little excited) and will just be calling people to repentance and awkwardly flailing our tongues at them, but still. Feels like we got this DOWN! uh. huh.....

um, this is the part where nothing flows... An episode.... <--- See how cool of a title that is? haha Happy Anniversary! What did you do?! Where did you go?! Man, but you kids are old. :) love you both. The letters I got from Camp and from the Activities Day Girls were the best things ever! Thanks so much for sending that, mom. It was really nice to have and to just be able to go through that. So cute. So great. Oh, and m.s. <--- that's mid-script My ring size is a 10. Going off of what you gave me, that is. So there you go. i would love a Hrvat CTR ring! There's this Elder in my Zone going to Czech Prague and he's got one, but he says it's a bad translation but it still looks cool There are so many languages here that i'm basically in heaven. I can't take five steps without hearing something foreign. I was studying Croatian Grammar outside underneath a really nice tree when this Finnish Elder who's on my floor came up and was only speaking in Fin. He just asked if he could bear his testimony and then the Sister that was with him translated for us. I definitely do not envy those Elders at all. i figure that there was a reason that i am only here for 8 weeks, because if i had to stay for the twelve I would bust a cap. Probably. ya. It was really cool. Anyways, I see friends who are going to Russia, Romania, the Phillipines, New York, Madagascar, and basically everywhere. It's really cool to see. I've been reading through this Grammar book on the Slavic languages and have found what I want to do when I grow up! Maybe.... It's just that they've been arguing for about 700 years over there about the appropriate endings to their verbs. Sounds like my kind of people. Totally see secret combinations cropping up trying to influence Bosnian children in their language. *Evil, maniacal laugh* Yay! it's interesting to me though. Go languages. Administration How is my FBI clearance coming along? How about my visa? I'm pretty sure WE don't actually need visas to get into the country, but it would be nice to know how it's coming along. Shoot me a letter or something. We are trying out our translation skills and would like some songs. Please send along (Maybe via DearElder) lyrics to If I Were a Rich Man; that one from hercules where he says I will go most anywhere....; and the Mulan Make a Man out of You song. We're just bored with translating our textbooks.... Variety! I do not yet know my flight number, but by virtue of last name I am the first person to get the information about it and will definitely send along the info for Rod. P.S. LOVED the cookies and pictures. Have fun with those huskies! Love you kids. I need Soren Paul Budge's address. But we have to be sneaky about it. Go on my fb and send a message to Alex Riehle asking for it. She'll know what to do. Fly low. Trust nobody. ;) Anyways, I love you all. It's been really great this week, though I'm beginning to feel ready to just try my mettle out there. Keep it up. Volim hrvatski, volim moi obitelj, volim Boga. Ciao Ciao! Vidimo se. Starjesina Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment